Thank you for subscribing!

Archie Manners revealed what he believed was the 'primary motivator' behind Harry's sensational return

A friend of Prince Harry has revealed why he believes the Duke is really returning to Britain after six years of exile.

GB News confirmed on Wednesday night that the Duke of Sussex would make a sensational comeback alongside his wife Meghan Markle and their children, Archie and Lilibet.

The King is understood to have been told on Sunday that the family would finally be coming back from their spell in California.

It is believed that Harry wants to be closer to his wider family as part of the move - while his son and daugher will soon enrol at a British school.

The King is said to be pleased about his youngest son's move - and is looking forward to spending more time with him and his family.

But last night the Duke's friend Archie Manners told GB News why he believes six years of "Megxit" are at an end.

"I am in no doubt that the primary motivator of this move is the King's health," he told Britain's News Channel.

When Charles III was diagnosed with cancer in 2024, Prince Harry rushed to London to see him.

But the pair spent fewer than 45 minutes together before the King left for Sandringham.

Harry and Meghan took Archie and Lilibet to see their grandfather for the first time in four years in July when they visited Charles and Camilla at Highgrove in Gloucestershire.

But there has been no such reunion so far with William, who faced dealing with both his father and wife Princess Catherine being diagnosed with cancer in the same year.

Mr Manners said Harry's return may in part have stemmed from the "human reaction" of spending so little time together since 2020.

There is "probably some regret on both sides of that", he added, and pointed to the "realisation that one day he'll get a call saying daddy is no longer with us and he doesn't want to have had bad blood beforehand".

The Telegraph revealed on Thursday that Harry hopes to regain his father's trust by no longer talking about private family matters in public.

He and his advisers are thought to be putting an end to long-form TV interviews to mend relationships with the monarch and other senior royals.

The Prince and Princess of Wales, who are believed not to even be on speaking terms with the Sussexes, have not yet commented on the impending reunion.

They and their three children, George, Charlotte and Louis, have joined the King and Queen for the Royal Family's annual get-together at Balmoral.

That meeting has been billed by The Sun as a summit on Harry and Meghan's return from the US.

Alongside the King, Queen and the Waleses, Princess Anne, her husband Sir Timothy Laurence, her daughter Zara Tindall and son-in-law Mike Tindall, are also in Scotland.

The mass gathering mirrors the Sandringham "summit" between the late Queen, Charles, William and Harry in 2020.

That saw the Sussexes first announce their intentions to flee across the Atlantic.

GB News understands the King is welcoming the opportunity to see more of the Sussexes in a private and personal capacity.

However, sources told The Sun that William and Kate are determined things remain "business as usual" for them.

Mr Manners said last night the reunion could mark "the beginnings of a reconciliation of the Royal Family - and frankly, on a human level, a grandfather and a grandson".

"Let's hope it's the grandson and his brother" too, he added.