Thank you for subscribing!

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will move back to the UK in the coming weeks

Prince Harry stepped out in the US just hours after his imminent return to the UK was confirmed.

The Duke of Sussex announced that he is exploring a commercial venture designed to support military veterans as they make the shift into civilian careers.

His appearance came after reports that he and Meghan intend to relocate back to Britain with their two children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet.

The duke shared his plans on Wednesday whilst addressing former service personnel and defence officials at an event in Washington hosted by The Independence Fund, an American charity supporting severely wounded veterans.

Prince Harry, himself a former Army officer, told the audience that the "world needs more heroes".

"It's not about creating more heroes because they already live among us," he said. "It's about being able to really value their expertise, their experiences."

Harry argued that the skills gained through military service were going to waste in civilian life, and that his proposed "commercial" solution would properly value "those who served rather than expect them to volunteer".

Speaking separately to the Associated Press, the duke called for "moral leadership" and voiced unease about the concentration of power in politics and technology, warning that a "very, very small group of people are making decisions that are impacting the entire world".

The Duke of Sussex added: "And I think a little less testosterone might do as well."

The couple are expected to return to the UK before the end of August, with their children already signed up to attend British schools.

Despite the anticipated move, it is understood that neither Harry nor Meghan will take on any official royal duties, maintaining their positions as private individuals and non-working members of the family.

Their status within the institution is not expected to change.

A spokesman representing the Duke and Duchess of Sussex has so far declined to address the reports surrounding their planned relocation back to Britain, but GB News understands it will go ahead.