Thank you for subscribing!
GB News understands there are no current plans for either the Duke or Duchess of Sussex to reprise their official working roles
Princess Lilibet and Prince Archie are enrolled to start at a British school in September.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will return to the UK later this month for an "extended period”.
The King was told the news on Sunday, with GB News understanding he welcomes the decision.
The family last visited the UK between July 7 and July 11 earlier this year and met King Charles and Queen Camilla at the royal residence of Highgrove House.
During this meeting, they did not inform the monarch of the decision, GB News can also reveal.
The Duke of Sussex was set to return to Britain for his patronages, including a WellChild Awards bash, in mid-September.
Instead of attending alone, the whole family will be on this side of the Atlantic.
Meghan is said to continue her business endeavours, which include her lifestyle brand As Ever and a multi-look "first look" deal with Netflix.
The pair will keep their £11million home in Montecito, California, and a property in Portugal.
LATEST ROYAL DEVELOPMENTS
Harry and Meghan will not receive any money from the public purse while back in the UK, it has been revealed.
Prince Archie, who is seven years old, will be enrolled in Year 3.
The royal children both previously attended school in California before the decision to relocate to Britain.
It has not been revealed which school they will attend or where they will be based, due to privacy and security reasons.
In May 2025, Prince Harry lost his High Court legal challenge to have his high-level police protection automatically reinstated.
In June 2026, the Executive Committee for the Protection of Royalty and Public Figures rejected a formal request for taxpayer-funded police security for the family's summer visit.
Prince Harry has repeatedly argued that private security teams are not sufficient on British soil.






