Thank you for subscribing!
The brothers are not thought to have spoken for several years
Kensington Palace has not yet commented on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's return, but it is understood that Prince William and the Princess of Wales were warned in advance.
On Thursday evening, GB News confirmed that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex would be returning to Britain imminently, with Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet due to start school in September.
The return of the Sussexes comes as Prince William and Prince Harry are not on speaking terms.
GB News has contacted Kensington Palace for comment on Thursday morning.
Former BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt suggested the surprise announcement that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are to return home is likely to have left the Prince of Wales “apoplectic”.
Mr Hunt said: “In the long term, the return of the Sussexes to the UK opens up the prospect of two rival courts, William’s and Harry’s.
“In the short term, Harry will be able to deepen his rapprochement with his father.
“And his presence back home will make it harder for his brother to duck a reconciliation.
“The surprise return of Harry and Meghan is likely to have left William apoplectic.”
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex reunited with King Charles at Highgrove House last month, a huge sign of reconciliation between father and son.
This marked the first time Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet had seen their grandfather in four years.
However, while Harry has started building bridges with the King, his relationship with his brother, Prince William, remains deeply fractured.
LATEST ROYAL DEVELOPMENTS
Princess Diana's sons are not thought to have spoken for years.
Both the Prince and Princess of Wales are said to feel deeply betrayed by the revelations made in the duke’s memoir, Spare, and in various television interviews.
However, Prince Harry has insisted he misses the UK and is desperate for his children to experience British life and culture.
The move will also enable him to dedicate further time to his patronages and charitable organisations.
Invictus 2027 takes place in Birmingham next July, and this move could open the door for members of the Royal Family to attend the event in person.






