Thank you for subscribing!
The Duchess of Sussex made her feelings clear during an interview in 2022
Meghan Markle's comments about sending Prince Archie to school in the UK have been unearthed, just hours after it was confirmed that the seven-year-old and his younger sister, Princess Lilibet, will be educated in Britain from September.
On Thursday evening, GB News confirmed the Duke and Duchess of Sussex would be returning to live in England after spending six years in California.
Since leaving their roles as working royals, Harry and Meghan have spoken out in several interviews and a Netflix docuseries about their negative experiences living in Britain, with the Duke of Sussex even publishing a memoir, Spare.
One such interview took place in 2022, when the Duchess of Sussex spoke to Allison P. Davis at The Cut, an American magazine.
During the interview, Meghan expressed concerns about educating her children in the UK.
Ms Davis wrote: “Earlier in our conversation about her goals for the life she’s creating here, she’d remarked upon how, if Archie were in school in the U.K., she’d never be able to do school pickup and drop-off without it being a royal photo call with a press pen of 40 people snapping pictures.”
Meghan was quoted as saying: “Sorry, I have a problem with that. That doesn’t make me obsessed with privacy. That makes me a strong and good parent protecting my child.”
The journalist remarked at the time that she witnessed two mothers at Prince Archie's then-school in Montecito having “a double take” after seeing Meghan.
Four years later, Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, have been enrolled to start at a British school in September.
GB News understands that the UK will be the Sussexes' primary home for an extended period.
However, it has not yet been decided whether to make the move permanent.
The locations of the home and school have not been made public for privacy reasons.
LATEST ROYAL DEVELOPMENTS
Harry and Meghan are retaining their £11million home in Montecito and their Portuguese summer house.
King Charles was informed of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's return on Sunday, GB News has been told.
It is also understood that Prince William and the Princess of Wales were given prior warning of the bombshell news.
The return of the Sussexes comes as Prince William and Prince Harry are not on speaking terms.
Former BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt suggested the surprise announcement that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are to return home is likely to have left the Prince of Wales “apoplectic”.
Mr Hunt said: “In the long term, the return of the Sussexes to the UK opens up the prospect of two rival courts, William’s and Harry’s.
“In the short term, Harry will be able to deepen his rapprochement with his father. And his presence back home will make it harder for his brother to duck a reconciliation.
“The surprise return of Harry and Meghan is likely to have left William apoplectic.”






